Monday, June 8, 2009

Natalie Walker

I love it when friends share a similar taste in music as I do. You know, someone who when they find a new artist they love you know you will love it too. I have someone like that in my life who shares a love of music, especially artists you haven’t really heard of. Allegra is one of my nearest and dearest friends, an amazing mother, writer, photographer and blogger extraordinaire. She often tells me about artists I might like or songs that made her think of me. This week is one of those recommendations, so thank you Allegra Love for sharing life, love and music with me.

One of my favorite songs is “Colorblind” by Counting Crows and I’m not normally a fan of Counting Crows but I do love this song. Not to long ago Allegra told me I would love a song by the artist Natalie Walker called “Colorblind” and of course she was right. Its the same song done by Counting Crows with a little sweeter edge to it. Natalie Walker describes herself an electronica singer/songwriter with her new album With You that came out last summer. Her first album, Urban Angel, which is my favorite and features the tracks I’ve selected to share with you, is a little more on the acoustic side with just one foot in the electronica pool. Walker took more chances with her second album, stretching her creativity wings, while still appealing to her fans who love Urban Angel.

Natalie Walker is the former lead singer of Daughter Darling and is currently pursuing a solo career with two albums under her belt. Her music has been featured in the film, Marie Antoinette, and on the hit ABC shows, Grey’s Anatomy and Ugly Betty. Please enjoy her music and check out the music from her newest album.

www.myspace.com/nataliewalkermusic

www.natalie-walker.com

Please feel free to leave your comments on what you think of this music and any recommendations of artists you think I might like. Also remember if you have an artist you love and would like to write a little blurb about them you can be a midweek feature. Thank you!

2 comments:

Beth said...

you girls are awesome :o) and I like Natalie!

a.love said...

She's one of my faves :)
You have great taste!