“Hey Music lovers~
Every year (the husband) and I go on a hunt for the perfect Christmas soundtrack(s). Each year I find that my taste changes just a bit and this year I found that I am leaning a little more modern/funky and a little less cheery/traditional. However I have Christmas music on constantly which requires me to have a few different CD’s to switch through. It’s hard to find good stuff!! So I was just thinking since I am always searching for fabulous Christmas music, others might be as well.” ~ Valery
I of course loved this idea of sharing our Christmas favorites and so did several others. Valery has made me some amazing mixed CDsfor me so I know I'lllove her suggestions! Here is what we came up with!
-The Hotel Café presents: Winter Songs. This CD is the bomb, however not traditional so might not be loved by all. It features Sara Bareilles, Brandi Carlile, Lenka, Fiona Apple, Kate Havnevik: are you excited already or what?!? Every song is awesome except #5 Silver Bells by Alice Smith- the last few minutes of the song are soo off key I grimace every time I hear it.
-Christmas Eclectic. Really fun tecno/drum/base beats. AH-mazing!
-Kohala Christmas: This is Hawaiian instrumental. SO beautiful. (Allegra introduced me to this band when i started doing massage... they are wonderful and chill)
-Ella Fitzgerald Wishes You a Swinging Christmas. Ella: Enough said.
-Holiday Dinner Party Music by the Santa Ana Players. Traditional but not too cheese.
-Ultra-Lounge: Christmas Cocktails (1&2). Makes me wanna have a christmas dinner party NOW!
Allegra of Frenchie & Flea
I'm a freakishly huge fan of Rosie Thomas's Christmas CD and as a Christmas classic for fond memories in my heart, Amy Grant's Tennessee Christmas album :)
Jennifer of The Style Geek:
- Michael Buble Let it Snow EP
- Sarah McLachlan- Wintersong
- Amy Grant- Home for Christmas
- Kenny G- Miracles
Mary of… well you know where I’m from:
Some of my favorites have already been listed. Sarah McLachlan’s Wintersong is an album I could listen to all year long it is so good. Anything Michael Buble releases I love because he’s my main man (in my dreams) as well as Rosie Thomas who can never miss in my mind. Some other favorites both new and old are:
- Nat King Cole – His Christmas album is legendary and his voice that sounds like butter (if butter could sing) made “The Christmas Song” famous. This album is probably my all time favorite.
- Holiday Noise Vol 1-3 is a collection of holiday tunes by various Nashville artists. http://www.holidaynoise.com/
- A Fine Frenzy Oh, Blue Christmas EP is the perfect collection of holiday songs and holiday themed songs with a broken heart center.
- Josh Groban’s Noel was the highest selling album of 2008 and even if you don’t favor his music style his duet with Brian McKnight is amazing.
- There are a couple other favorite artists such as Joy Williams and Mindy Smith who have some great Christmas music as well so I've included them in a Christmas music playlist for all of you to enjoy this season.